Welfare Fund FAQ

Q. How would I know when I have met the 1000 hour requirement for initial eligibility?

You will receive an Enrollment Form and Welcome Package from the Fund Office.

Q. If I am short on hours in order to maintain eligibility, are there any options to purchase my benefits?

Yes, in the event that you lose coverage, you have the option to purchase up to 100 hours at the current welfare fund contribution rate. If the Participant has worked over 100 hours but less than 200 hours during a calendar quarter in any of the two calendar quarters prior to termination of benefits, the Participant has the option to buy-in the remaining hours at the applicable hourly Welfare Fund contribution rate. A Self-Payment may be granted once per 12 month period.

Q. How do I add a dependent / spouse?

You need to fill out an Enrollment Form and a Spousal Affidavit Form and attach an original birth certificate for children, original marriage certificate for spouse and a copy of their social security cards. We will mail the originals back to you. If you prefer, you can also send a notarized copy of these documents or feel free to stop by the office with the originals.

Q. How can I get a Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield Directory?

Provider directories for in or out of state providers are only availabe online via the Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield Website (www.horizonblue.com).  You may also call member services at 1-800-355-2583 for assistance.

Q. Why do I need to complete the Benecard Mail Service Patient Information and Order Form?

This form is required for enrollment into the Benecard Central Fill Mail Order Program and also to check for potential drug interactions or allergies

Q. I received a notice of Termination of Benefits for my daughter and she is 19 years old, what should I do?

Please call the Fund Office for a Re-Enrollment Form For Eligible Dependents age 19-26.  This form is required upon your dependent's 19th birthday and every July 1st thereafter.